Thursday, January 14, 2021

Exercise is a factor

In order to manage blood pressure and weight it is a factor. It’s winter. It’s cold. It’s icy. Regardless exercise it’s still required. 
Lyme disease threw all of my prior routines out the window with swollen knees and swollen ankles bringing me to the ER. Previously up to a 2 mile walk a day has been cut in half both in terms of mileage and in terms of frequency and for a while it was cut out altogether. Getting back to it has been difficult but to take care of oneself you must persist. 
My Apple Watch helps it’s motivating to see your progress. For days, when I can’t make it outside YouTube exercise classes like HasFit and videos are also an important resource. 
My Nutrisystem log journal, Numi has also been immeasurably helpful. Charting a course for recovery has to be flexible. Things change daily. Regrouping is a regular party of my routine. 
Pretty pictures help to motivate.

I’ve lost about 15 pounds.  If I can do this in my 70s I feel encouraged that I can meet any challenge. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment